Friday, August 27, 2004

About me-Personal Myths

About Me:
My Mythology; UFOs

Everyone has some mythology they believe in, its part of human nature. And by Mythology I mean things you buy into without a basis in fact. These stories that are circulated about hearth and home, and become believed deeply by many people.

I am going to talk about one of mine now; I’ll cover some more over time.

UFOs

I believe in them. I haven’t been anally probed or anything like that, Scott Baio has never given me pink eye but I believe that UFOs are from outer space.

Outside of that belief the rest is hazy to me.

I believe they probably have been here in the past, we just haven’t found the way to see it. We just recently have discovered the Ancient Greeks viewed the bones of prehistoric critters as “proof” of their mythological beings. So, we don’t know what else exists that stands as a usable proof of their contacts in the past.

Our knowledge of out past is, on a whole, sketchy at best.

Do I think they taught us everything we knew in some golden hyboerian age?

Doubtful, I think that’s the cultural low-self esteem humanity seems to have.

Might they have inspired it? I could see that as a more likely cross cultural contamination.

Do I believe a secret race of reptile alien/human hybrids rule the earth?

Nope.

I think the Aliens from an ethical standpoint sign off on the whole prime directive thing,

Either that or we just aren’t of value yet.

Do I think the government has covered evidence of it up?

I am of a few minds on this part of the myth

#1) of course the government SHOULD do it IF UFOs are really men from outer space; But
#2) But conspiracies very rarely work for this long;
However
#3) If the “Disinformation Technique” is a legitimate government strategy, the truth may be out there in plain site

So that’s about the tall and short on me and UFOs

No comments: