Friday, August 06, 2004

About Me-Political Pedigree

Since i am going to be making some political comments here i should probably go into my pedigree

Mothers side: Grandpa was an olde timey union Democrat, my mom has been -until recently- a registered independent ( she registered as a republican to vote against Katherine Harris in the Primary in 02 and hasn't taken the time to change back)

Dad and his clan i don't know they never really talked politics, but given the area and that my dad one time was planning a run for Sherriff I'd say republican. Dad and his family were big Nixon fans *yuck* thats about all i know

Now for myself
92- I was a Youth Volunteer for Ross Perot
92 or 93 i very briefly was involved in YD at my High School

during that time period i started reading more Rand and more Heinlien and getting a anti-authority streak and i became a Libertarian

Even though the people from the Supervisor of Elections office called my house to ask if i made a "Mistake" when i pre-registered at 17

I have yet to miss an election that i have been legally elgible to vote for

96 i voted for Brown

99/2000 i joined the Libertarian party in earnest

2000 i voted for Brown

2001 i left the Libertarian party in spirit because they weren't going to fix what was wrong with them, and i was a big boy and decided to become a republican

closest party left to what i believe

and we have closed primaries (effectively) here so i get a shot at voting for who will win the election vs no shot

I voted for Jeb in 1998, i didn't vote for Bob Graham in 98
But in 02 I voted for a friend of mine who was running a Write in campaign for Governor.
in 2000 i voted for Bill Nelson for the Senate.

When Dan Miller was running opposed, i voted against him.

I have voted against Katherine Harris Twice

I have voted for both democrats and repulicans ( and even libertarians) for local office

I vote against Judges and Prosecutors when they run for re-election ( because i generally don't think they have done a good job)

Now then, when i burn senator Kerry, and burn what he is running on keep all these things in mind.

And when i speak of my Pro-Bush logic, also keep that in mind.

No comments: