Thursday, August 05, 2004

About Me: The Religon thing

I don't believe any of the world religons are right for me.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of god. I also know that wasn't required in the Jewish faith. I also feel the historical evidence of Jesus As mentioned in the bible is questionable. and with so many similarities to other demigods and gods of the same region i find Jesus probably was an amalgam of many religous threads in the region.

I don't believe Muhammed was a Prophet. I think the history, as written by his own people, shows Muhammed is less worthy of revrence then what he created

I don't believe that Hashem is the One True God. Its not as meaty an objection, but its more of a feeling.

I could go on into other religons both major and minor and point out why i don't belong to any of them but i want to spell out what i believe in

I believe in a being greater then myself, greater then everything else. I don't view him as nessecarily the most active party in the world. I believe he is the Invisible hand in the system when it is needed.

I believe that souls only go to some other place when they die if that's their choice. I believe souls reincarnate also along a matter of their own choice. Now, CHOICE is not like choosing to eat peanutbutter or eat tofu. Choice some times is restrained by what we know, and what we believe. but in the end i feel you can break free of your choices. Now, these choices are based on our actions here in this world.

I Believe that there are boundries for us, things we shouldn't do. and i believe these are things you know are wrong but do anyway.

I Believe In Angels and Demons, and a host of things known and unknown which test us on our journey.

I Believe some times bad things happen because we bring them to us, but only some times

I Believe that what you do is more important to the weight of your soul then what you believe

this is a very short addendum to who i am and what i believe in, but when i get into talks about issues of values just remember that i will be coming from an odd religous angle


No comments: