Thursday, November 04, 2004

It was an election about Values

And no, I am not thumpin me a bible.

but, in retrospect, this election was to me a lot about the values I share with the president.

The President and I share the value of coming back after F****** up your life. I have not lead the best life I could lead, and I think the president shares that with me. I don't think the drugs and the booze were on his life list plans. Both of us got serious at a respective Damascus road ( in his case even more so).

When I look at John Kerry, he was a man who didn't learn from his mistakes. He made bogus war crimes charges ( the crimes were happening, just not the ones he mentioned), but then trying to come off by saying "well, I didn't mean you guys." He had some black mark on his military discharge. Now he could have blamed Nixon ( everyone would have believed it) he could have said a lot of things but he hid it. He hid it and he worked to discredit everyone who said it. Threatened them with lawsuits and threatened the people who broadcasted their stuff with lawsuits. In the world of John Kerry you couldn't screw up.. You couldn't go down the wrong road in life. And if you did you had to hide it and keep it secret.

The President believes that people outside this country deserve a chance at democracy, that they deserve a chance at freedom. He believes that any nation can be democratic. Is this blanket idealism oh h*** yeah.

John Kerry well, lets look at his record. He was Pro-sandiness as a Senator. He was Pro-Castro and Pro-Ho back when he was an activist. He brushed over claims of missing POE-maize so Vietnam could get a free trade bill in, and he and John McCain killed a bill to punish them for murdering Christians in the thousands.

I believe that taxes are to high..... I really don't think I need to cover this one any ;-)

I believe in civil liberties, while neither man is an A player ( or even a D player) when people came out opposing John Kerry and speaking in a free non criminal manner what did he do? Lawsuits, threats, intimidation, governmental action.

when Bush had an army of people attacking him... He let them.

I believe that natural economic systems ( or natural social systems) should only be restricted by the government when no other possible way to protect the population exists. John Kerry's health care scheme would restrict health care, and keep it in a box

George Bush's ideas are a bit better, but not a lot.

George Bush wanted states to make their own call on gay marriage, though he did have a side. He made an effort to stop the courts from forcing the situation on states ( which was a p*** poor move). John Kerry when the fight for Gay marriage came to his state, he moved to lobby and pressure his elected legislators to do nothing, so the courts would fiat the marriage right to homosexuals.

My values are a free economy, a free people, and an America where second.. Third.. Or even fourth chances are possible

John Kerry was an anathema to my values,

and I hold my values as part of my personal morality so... Does that mean the Jesus people were all the "values" polled?

Don't think so

No comments: