Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Flag burning: It’s what’s for dinner.

Anyone else remember how well this issue worked for the first president bush? Anyone… that’s right not at all.

Anyone know how rare flag burning has become since it was made legal… yeah so few incidents I think the fingers and toes method would leave you with change.

But if it is so utterly superfluous why did it pass? It’s the ice cream theory I believe. Ice Cream isn’t good for you. But Ice Cream is very Yummy thus you like Ice cream.

A Flag Burning Amendment isn’t really needed but the voters will say “heck *I* Like the flag”

Yes folks it’s our elected representatives pandering once again.

And the Pander bears want to wrap themselves in the flag and try to use that to win. Not I don’t know create a retirement “insurance” program where you actually will have something vested, no something nice and warm and fuzzy to hug like a puppy.

I doubt this will pass the states, but I think allot of democrats who got cuddly with Dick Durbin may feel they need something to justify their patriotism so I see this passing by 2/3rds in the senate.

No comments: