Tuesday, July 05, 2005

From the Commisar

Took a Jaunt over to The Commisar's Pad and then took a Jaunt to Wizbang just as he linked it.

here is the first thing... I don't consider myself to be a RINO (Republican In Name only) but i do consider myself a Raging RINO (Republicans/Independents Not Overdosing). I think their are legitimate times to draw a line on party orthodoxy... but on to what Pennywit said

Consider other issues that are near and dear to the horned RINO's heart. Flag desecration. Creationism vs. evolution. The federal budget. Property rights. The free market. Abortion. Are these issues as important as certain figures in the Republican Party believe they are? Is this the same Republican Party that you originally joined? Are you comfortable with a party in which envangelical conservatives consider themselves kingmakers?


Ok...

Creationism Vs. evolution: A) it isn't really a National Issue ( because thank god we have a local education system till the federal government screws that up) and more importantly B) It isn't signifigant.

Thats not for me to say the idiocy of Creation Science isn't something that needs to be laughed at but politically its way down on the list.

Flag desecration: i don't care about Constitutional Amendments that will never ever pass into our constitution. Its nice and all that some folks are worried but I only become concerned if something like that may actually become law.

The federal budget: Every major party is going to waste money and be irresponsible. I just have to choose which crackhead with a credit card I want to trust. It really breaks down to that.

Property rights: KELO took care of that for a while i think.

The free market: When the Democrats are more free market again call me and I'll consider it

Abortion: utterly insignifgant issue in my mind politically. Not that life is an insignifigant matter but when werate the amount of time politicians spend on this issue to the impact it makes it loses signifigance. Abortion is bad but prohibitive policies won't stop it. So you need to think smarter and work smarter to stop it.

I gotta ask ... when are you guys going to leave the GOP? Or, at least, what will it take for you to vote for a Democratic presidential candidate, Senate hopeful, or House candidate? I ask because, from my vantage point, the Republican Party is drifting away from you guys ... and you all know it.


Voted the Last two elections in the house for a Democrat (Not Katherine Harris) and I voted for Bill Nelson in 00 -but probably won't in 06.. he just isn't doing that good a job imho-

For a Democratic Presidential Canidate... some one would have to Out Clinton Bill Clinton for that to happen honestly.

If you find these conservative leaders wanting, if you find you and your chosen political party drifting apart, then ponder, for a moment, the party that lies on the other side of the political divide.


College YR Chapters are recruiting folks baced on the 50%+1 principle

if they agree with the party half the time plus one.. Sign'm up and register'm

Thats my point of view. I ignore the ideological labels of others because well they are stupid.

I ignore the talk of the republican/conservative split because well.... since the 60s this story has kept getting a new paint job.

I think for myself, its the one political trait i picked up from my mother. So thats why I am in the Raging Rinos.

and I am not the only one who thinks political parties are a once in a life time all ot nothing deal either (check out Shape of Days)

No comments: