Tuesday, October 18, 2005

hmmmm.... More intresting miers stuff

I don't know Tax law much... but I say this is intresting. Not sure it disqualifiers her but it does add some intresting questions.

*) Why didn't she just outsource managment of her properties to some one when she was... ya know doing government work. This doesn't point to her basic competence.
*) If she mishandled her Mother's property... what does that say about her competence.

These are some intresting charecter issues she has.

**UPDATE**

More ummm Special things from HarriMi over at Smoking Gun

While most of the document covers her legal background, there are a few interesting tidbits, including Miers's revelation that her license to practice law in the District of Columbia had been suspended earlier this year after she failed to pay dues. "I immediately sent the dues in to remedy the delinquency. The non-payment was not intentioned, and I corrected the situation upon receiving the letter," she reported. Miers also noted that when Sandra Day O'Connor announced in July her intention to retire, "I was asked whether my name should be considered. I indicated at that time that I did not want to be considered."


Why the change? and ... ya know... as the President's lawyer it is kind of part of her job to be able to practice in D.C

Yet Harriet "accidentally" forgot it much like her property lien accidents

No comments: