Thursday, October 20, 2005

More Miers Mania......!

Ok... she got property liens because she didn't take care of her dying mother's property nor property she owned.

She accidentally let her right to practice before the Bar in D.C when her job was TO BE THE F******* Lawyer to the President.

and now she gets an I from the senate on her background form ( I for Incomplete)

Ok..... Here is the thing. I put myself in the "how would you make the call" frame of mind.

For me, If *I* were going to be putting forward a supreme court nominee not only would i know her record and past from stem to stern, I'd also know where the attacks would be directed.

This comment from the White House is more shocking...

A White House spokeswoman, Dana Perino, said that since Miers was nominated, she has told Specter she had "years of files to go through and she would work to finish the questionnaire as soon as possible, but she would likely have to send follow-ups to provide additional information."


Well maybe this is why you don't take the person whose JOB it is to see a Supreme Court nominee is ready to go before the committee... and appoint them. You see because then you get the B and C team doing that Job.

Worse... one of the top Woman Lawyers in Texas also let her Texas bar dues lapse ( and in Texas to be a Lawyer you HAVE to be a bar member) and blames administrative oversight. This is absurd pure and simple.

She is asking us to believe that as a top tier lawyer she not only let her Bar membership and ability to practice law happen -twice- by accident......

Well let me quote from Bill Clinton *( I think this is right)* "May daddy never had to whip me twice for the same thing."

If I were a top Lawyer who had that happen accidentally once I'd make sure my dues check was in a month early forever after that.

This nomination keeps imploding

No comments: