Sunday, December 04, 2005

I took a drink from Cardinal Martini's site to

And I didn't really care at all About Rosa Parks being in the Statuary Hall until he pointed out to me some of the idiotic comments made about her.

And here's Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.):

"When Rosa Parks takes her place in Statuary Hall, she takes Frederick Douglass ... Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth with her," Jackson said in a statement. "She takes with her the countless, nameless people of African descent who from slavery to today sacrifice for an America many never lived to see."


No.

Frederick Douglas deserves to be in on his own Merit. Mayhaps a certain Lt.Governor in Maryland can work something out with that.

And I agree with him about the bias for the modern (I saw a list of the top 100 pop culture Icons of all time that had Oprah as #1 to which i called Shenanigins)

Rosa Parks is a worthy person, but I don't think she meets the bar for that level of immortality

No comments: