Monday, December 12, 2005

To much Airport Security

Recently I posted about some one in the world of Media taking something I’ve thought and said often and rolling it out for all today…

Well today over at Dean’s World one of Dean’s Minions Dave Price has posted something I tell people over and over again.

Al-Qaeda when going against a fairly complex counter-terrorist target like well… “The US government” tries a lot of different things to get the Job done. As we see pointed out in this news article the Al-Qaeda folks know they can’t hijack another plane to crash it into a building.

Let me go to the money quote I have from Dave

As with all crime, ordinary non-law-enforcement Americans are at some levels an integral part of our defense against terrorism. That's just a reality. Which is one reason why I always thought taking away all small sharp objects from passengers wasn't a great idea. While we obviously wouldn't want people carrying guns and knives onto planes, assuming the vast majority of people on any flight are good American citizens, I think disarming them completely is a strategic mistake.

People used to think Hijackers will keep you alive if you play along.

They now know that’s not the case any more.

You might see a shoe bomber, but what you are more likely to see is something that will cause a new level of mass casualty attack.

The first suicide bombing in America would be stunning but not worth the effort and resources.

They want to kick the flavor of international terror up a notch. So focus less on trying to defeat tactics they won’t use and try to figure out “What would I do if I were Osama”

No comments: