Thursday, January 12, 2006

Globalize this

I hate globalism. I hate globalization.. Not the concept of global integration of business/social networks… no no I hate the WORD globalism. Every class mutters globalism in such a way I think of my professors as if they had big pointy spikes of hair on their head and asked me to reoptimize my core priorities while working out an org chart.

I’m what is identified as a “Globalism Skeptic” ‘ccording to my globalism prof. Not so much that I don’t believe in globalism or globalization, but rather that I don’t believe it is anything new or all together special. As technologies have allowed for disparate peoples to become closer in our past peoples who once viewed themselves as alien to one another became united. As communications technologies have done so this also occurred. What we are experiencing today is merely a manifestation of a phenomenon that always occurs when such technology is placed into the right climate.

Taking a class on the plight of the African-American people in Florida during the reconstruction...why you take it with a new “globalization perspective” added to it. So you can understand how it is relevant to our new “global” perspective. Globalization has become this trendy buzzword every professor tries to jam into their classes even if it has nothing to do with globalization. They can find a way.

Is it any wonder kids these days are on an anti-globalization kick? It’s because they keep having it fed to them by professors with hard to understand Marxist perspectives and barely coherent political calculus.

Lets teach kids something useful, and not political.

No comments: