Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How one becomes a zoroastrian

The Scriptural declarative

1. "I glorify good thoughts, good words, and good deeds for my thinking, speaking, and working. I approve all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I discard all bad thoughts, bad words, and bad deeds.



2. " Progressive immortals, I dedicate to you my reverence and love with my thoughts, words and life; rather with my very body and soul.



3. "1 do hereby eliminate the false gods. I do hereby choose for myself to be a worshiper of the Wise One, a Zoroastrian, void of false gods and a believer in the Divine Doctrine. I am a praiser of the progressive immortals, an adorer of the progressive immortals. I attribute all that is good to Lord Wise, the Good, endued with Goodness. He is righteous, glorious, and majestic. From Him are the best things; from Him is the living world; from Him righteousness and light, and from Him emanate the lights with bliss.



4. "1 do hereby choose the progressive serenity for myself. May it be mine. I shall cleanse the world from theft and violence. I shall guard the home of the worshipers of the Wise One against harm and destruction.



5. "1 shall give the wise people, who live on this earth with their cattle, full freedom of movement. With a prayer of righteous sincerity, I declare that I shall not rise to harm and destroy the home of the worshipers of the Wise One, and I do not intend to hurt any body or soul.



6. "1 renounce the wicked, no-good, unrighteous, evil genius gods. I renounce the very false, very rotten, very wicked false gods and their devotees. I renounce sorcerers and their devotees. I renounce each and every mental malady and physical ailment. I renounce these falsities and malignities in thoughts, words, and deeds, in my very essence.



7. "This is what Omniscient God wished to show Zarathushtra in all the consultations and communions the two had.



8. "This is how Zarathushtra wished to renounce the false gods in all the consultations and communions the two had. I, too, a worshiper of the Wise One and a Zoroastrian, renounce the false gods, just as the Righteous Zarathushtra did.



9. "With conviction in waters, with conviction in plants, with conviction in the bountiful world; with conviction in God Wise who created the living world and the righteous man--the conviction Zarathushtra had, the conviction King Vishtaspa had, the conviction Ferashaoshtra and Jamaspa had, and the conviction any of the truth-practicing righteous beneficents have, it is with the same conviction and doctrine that am a worshiper of the Wise One.



10. "1, with my appreciations and convictions, choose for myself to be a worshiper of the Wise One and Zoroastrian, appreciate good thoughts, appreciate good words, and appreciate good deeds.



11. "I appreciate the Good Religion of worshiping the Wise One which overthrows yokes yet sheaths swords, teaches self-reliance, and is righteous. Therefore, of the religions that have been and that shall be, this is the greate

No comments: