Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sadly More tales from Pudding Mountain

But don't worry folks... yet another unexplored angle (thanks to The Superficial)

pMSnbc has the details

Heath Ledger has lashed out at the U.S. theaters that banned “Brokeback Mountain” as “immature” and “hilarious.”


#1) Am I a bad person for Imagining "Hilarious" like its being said by one of the Queer Eye guys? or "overly streotypical gaymanvoice"?
and
#2) Mr. Hollywood Pretty Boy... Is calling something Immature and Hilarious a sign of mature behavior... just asking, maybe you should think about it.....

“Personally, I don’t think the movie is [controversial] but I think maybe the Mormons in Utah do. I think it’s hilarious and very immature of a society,” Ledger said, reports the Australian paper The Herald Sun.


This is Great because it lets me segway an intresting post a Buddy of mine has along similar lines.

I feel this show has every right to be on the air, that's not my point. What my point is, is imagine if this were about another religion besides Christianity, or about a social group such as gays? It would never make it to air; because it's now acceptable to make fun of some groups ad nauseum while others get to remain under protection; with critics getting burned who even come close to them.


Replace Jews with New York or Muslims with Detroit... and He would be getting lambasted from coast to coast. But its ok to kick the mormons for this in the popular view (and I have no problem kicking religions when they deserve it... but thats because I am not advocating a PC-Sacredness p.o.v)

But Back to vapid Hollywood man-beef. EVEN pMSNBC can't let his stupidity go snark free. And thats sating something.

Ledger also took a swipe at West Virginia, and displayed a dubious grasp of American history. “I heard a while ago that West Virginia was going to ban it but that’s a state that was lynching people only 25 years ago so that’s to be expected,” he was quoted as saying.


Ok... Lynchings full fledged lynchings happening 25 years ago... I am reasonably sure they didn't. I am pretty sure if they did during that media culture it'd be major news ( and All Ronald Reagan's fault)

Also in both of these cases he cannot make the positive case to challenge these people. He has to -insult-,-demean-, and ,-belittle- these people. That speaks something to his credibility.

This is the creative climate which birthed the film which again speaks to why often enough when films have massive hype the BOOK is indeed the same as the cover

No comments: