Sunday, February 26, 2006

If you don't know me

You don't know I am a big fan of Scotch Whiskey. Its really good stuff. Well I found this story about my favorite Scotch region which opened up my thoughts to blog it with this choice quote.

“To be honest I’m just hoping the distillery doesn’t explode.”


The Managing director said.... so my love of Islay scotch, along with my love of things that may explode. its win win so lets go on with the story....

Islay distillery to revive world’s ‘most potent’ single malt whisky


By Jenifer Johnston


The world’s “most alcoholic single malt whisky” looks set to be created tomorrow at an Islay distillery.

The usquebaugh-baul blend will be at least a senses-stunning 92% alcohol and possibly as high as 94%, and comes from an ancient island recipe in which a single malt is quadruple distilled.

Bruichladdich, the firm behind the “whisky adventure”, have been working on the project for months. Mark Reynier, managing director of the firm, said: “To be honest I’m just hoping the distillery doesn’t explode.”

Reynier and Bruichladdich’s master distiller Jim McEwan have been fascinated with the idea of producing a limited run of usquebaugh-baul since reading about the whisky in a historic travelogue.


ten years from now... I'll be buying one.

No comments: