Monday, February 06, 2006

NAACP Godwining Follow Up

WND has some more on the Allegations of Julian Bond.... Now I am hesistant in the past to rely -to- much on WND but lets roll the Bean Footage

"I didn't say these things I'm alleged to have said," the university quotes Bond as saying. "There is no one in the audience who can say I said them. The reporter from the Fayetteville newspaper did not report I said them. I have denied I said them and refuse to engage in a back and forth about what I did say. This is an irresponsible attack by a right-wing blog – a partisan blog – and these kinds of attacks should be expected and dismissed for what they are."

However, WND has spoken to and corresponded with members of the audience who do assert Bond made the statements. And the university, despite its efforts to dismiss the matter, refuses to release a recording of the full event or even a transcript of Bond's remarks.


Now lets look at what WND claimed in their original article

"The Republican Party would have the American flag and the swastika flying side by side," he charged.

....

"He went on and on name calling," said Leon Delaine. "I walked out in the middle of his speech with my wife and three kids"


They only attributed one quote and said he charecterized them as tokens which could be a subjective reading

so lets see the offical university response

"We received numerous calls and emails from concerned individuals about Mr. Bond's presentation, so we felt compelled to review the tape in an effort to address their concerns," said Womble. "After a close review, we have concluded that the comments attributed to Mr. Bond about the Republican Party, Dr. Rice, and Mr. Colin Powell were not made."


I can't without more detail go into it... but with Julian Bond's history of compairing the republicans to the Taliban this isn't a major leap of judgement

We'll see how this turns out

No comments: