Saturday, May 20, 2006

John McCain: Sabotage 08 tour

In an effort to Sabotage his own presidential ambitions for 2008 our boy Johnny Mac spoke at the New School and well... I think I am going to have to second -some- of the words of a speaker before McCain at the school.

"He will tell us we are young and too naive to have valid opinions," Rohe said. "I am young and though I don't possess the wisdom that time affords us, I do know that pre-emptive war is dangerous. And I know that despite all the havoc that my country has wrought overseas in my name, Osama bin Laden still has not been found, nor have those weapons of mass destruction."


In truth this really gets to the heart of why Johnny Mac hates free speech so much. "All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others." is at its core the very nature of who John McCain is by his policies and what he stands for.

"When I was a young man, I was quite infatuated with self-expression, and rightly so because, if memory conveniently serves, I was so much more eloquent, well-informed and wiser than anyone else I knew," McCain said. He added that he would have been right at home in the opinionated world of blogs.


And again his endightment of youthful folly which at Liberty University at least played into the "humility and piety" factor makes almost no sense at the New School. And it further shows him as distant and unconnected to his audience

and of course it also shows him up because that really is who he is now.

No comments: